Saturday, January 7, 2012

A million miles away...

I have been far, far away in a land of emails, phone calls, budgets, wages, profits, losses and office politics for about 4 months. I moved house, moved cities and found myself in a job insanely demanding and soul destroying. I moved on from an unhappy relationship and I stumbled across a new one, literally, in Pitt Street Mall while at a conference for said soul destroying job. Sometimes luck strikes on unknown streets, at unlikely times. I lived for the weekends and tried with all my might to contain my flighty, free spirit into a box for a company that did not reflect my values. I kept at it, learned a lot and re-discovered my independence.

I hurt my knee a week ago and have had a quiet restful couple of days back at mums place. The universe has given me too  much time to ponder on life. A friend told me the right knee symbolizes life direction. She is possibly a genius, potentially a fortune teller, or just plain knows me really well, because the direction of my life has suddenly changed completely.

Big corporate greed tried to pull me with it's tides but my integrity kept on knocking on the door inside my heart. I quit. Bang, see ya later. I never could bite my tongue, I will always shout out, pay out, run out, when things do not feel right in my heart. It seems the little rebel inside me still enjoys making a song and dance when my integrity is at stake and my happiness is under threat. Probably, I will never grow out of that.

I want to contribute to more than a CEO's obscene bank balance. I miss sweet summer afternoons when the phone doesn't ring and I feel free, if only for a few hours. Cheers to running away and chasing what is right, cheers to my family for being such a crazy mix of intelligent, unique, hilarious individuals and reminding me what is important in life. Cheers to starting over, no matter what age and how many times, it is never too late.


No comments:

Post a Comment